- Impacting the
- Creating Positive Change in the World
- Leadership By Example
& through Service
- Cultural Understanding
- Variety &
- Health, Nutrition and Exercise
- Helping and Inspiring People
- Success and Achievement
- Laughing and Silliness
- Singing and Dancing
- Creative Problem Solving
My life’s dream is to travel the world and make pictures that fight the status quo, inspire action and promote understanding.
- Sitting at a table on a sidewalk outside of a French café, sipping un café crème or a fraise à l’eau; eating a tarte aux pommes, pain au chocolat, or éclair au chocolat; while people watching or chatting in French with a friend gives me a strong feeling of the stars being aligned.
- The first time I really felt something about photography was in high school. I was feeling down, but when I went to photograph a pep rally, I felt happy.
- The first photos I remember taking were of Gymnastic’s Barbies, my friends and family, and the Christmas tree. These were all taken on film.
- I speak French fluently and have lived in both France and Italy.
- I like to dye my hair fun colors.
- I’m running two half-marathons this year. If you’d have told the old me that I’d become a long-distance runner… I wouldn’t have believed you.
- I’m a 10-year volunteer with Hugh O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership. Returning each year to volunteer rekindles my fire.
Why I love Photography
- The opportunity to create beauty
- The opportunity to capture moments
- Self Expression
- Personal Exploration
- The beauty of found moments and things
- Telling stories and giving voice to those that wouldn’t otherwise necessarily get the attention they deserve
- Questioning reality versus fantasy
- Documenting important moments
- Sharing the experiences of myself and others with people who might not have access
- The people I meet, the places I get to see, and the experiences I get to have that I otherwise wouldn’t meet or see or have
- The ability and opportunity to affect change and leave a legacy
I was born and raised in the Mid-Hudson Valley, went to college at Ithaca College and work primarily in the NY City Metro area and Washington D.C. metro area. I’ve also worked in St Louis and in France and would be happy to travel more. I currently serve as the Director of Public Relations for the Hugh O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership NY East. My degrees are: B.S. in Still Photography, B.A. in French and minor in journalism.
My personal work has been exhibited in Ithaca, NY, New Paltz, NY, Rhinebeck, NY Kingston, NY, Woodstock, NY, New York City and France. My assignment work has been featured in publications such as Newsday Westchester, the Times Herald-Record, Organic Hudson Valley, Raine Magazine and Fuse Magazine.
I am currently a member of the American Society of Media Photographers, Hudson Valley Click, and Women Entrepreneurs of the Hudson Valley. I regularly attend professional photography conferences and business development seminars to up my game and offer the best possible value I can.
For more detailed info on my experience, visit my LinkedIn profile.